The KCNA has published a “crucial notice” from the General Staff of the Korean People’s Army. This notice relates to measure taken by the North to isolate itself.
1. The KPA will retract all measures for providing military guarantees for the north-south cooperation and exchange. It will start examining the closure of the military communications liaison offices in the eastern and western coastal areas and the total suspension of the overland passage concerning the Kaesong Industrial Zone, etc. for the present.
2. As for the anti-DPRK psychological campaign which the puppet military is set to resume, merciless counteractions will be taken throughout the front line areas as the commander of the forces of the KPA in the central sector of the front had already warned the enemy side.
3. Bilateral agreements concluded to prevent accidental conflicts in the West Sea of Korea will be declared completely null and void. In this connection the use of international maritime ultra-shortwave walkie-talkie will be banned and the communications line which has been in service to handle an emergency situation be immediately cut off.
4. The KPA will make a prompt physical strike at the intrusion into the extension of the Military Demarcation Line under our side’s control in the West Sea of Korea.
5. It will totally ban the passage of warships, airplanes and other means of transportation of the group of traitors through the territorial waters, air and land of the DPRK.
6. It will strictly ban the entry of the group of traitors including the puppet authorities into the DPRK.
7. It will probe the truth about the “fabrication” and “charade” to the last as long as the group of traitors persistently refuses to receive the inspection group of the DPRK National Defense Commission.
The introduction is the basic lauding of the North Korean government and the lambasting of the South government. The conclusion states that these measures are the first to be implemented.
Analysis. Most of these measures are already known. There is a 24 to 48 hour lag between the time that such statements are released in Pyongyang and the time they are posted on the KCNA site. However, they do show that the North his beginning to isolate itself from the World. This is to be expected as these people are basically paranoid so this behavior is to be expected.