On March - 23 - 2011
More updates from the Reform Party of Syria, which stated in one email, “By Friday, we will know if this is unstoppable.”
- The Kurds in the northwest and student activists in Homs, Aleppo and Damascus and the Muslim Brotherhood have yet to join in.
- The regime arrested a tribal leader who is also a member of parliament, Sheikh Soufok Faisal al-Nojrous, for supporting the Deraa uprising.
- Also arrested is the daughter of a Druze hero, which RPS says will cause a backlash among this minority.
- Several detainees including Suhair Atassi have begun a hunger strike.
- RPS says that security personnel are being prevented from taking holiday days off, sick days off or leaves of absence to prevent their defection.
- The security forces are trying to storm the Omari mosque in Deraa. Residents claim six have been killed.